Monday, March 17, 2008

Soapy Weekend

The flow of time is unstoppable of course, but to me it always seems to run faster on the weekend. I had a very busy one getting work done in preparation for the Farmer’s Market that will start in May. I’ve been soaping like a maniac. Not that I know how a maniac soaps, but anyway.

The whole house smelled lovely from all the essential oils in the soaps! I love soap making, it’s truly something that relaxes me and creating the various soaps is very enjoyable. There are so many new soaps I want to create! I have lots of new ideas for this season and it’s hard to focus on making the old favourites first. :-)

Batches that were made:
Lavender and Oatmeal - a creamy bar soap with organic Scottish oatmeal and lavender essential oil.
Clove and Oatmeal – another bar with the organic Scottish oatmeal, this one has ground clove and a spicy blend of essential oils.
Prairie Sage – my personal favourite! So of course it’s a blue soap with my special blend of oils…. Mmmmm.
Patchouli – a deep earthy soap that’s very creamy, this bar is either loved or hated – no middle ground.
Garden Mint – lots of mint! But as Pliny said “Mint reanimates the soul” so it can’t be a bad thing. I made this in the characteristic cream and green soap again, but couldn’t do layers with this batch. Maybe next time.
Lavender Luxury – the heart shaped luxury soap. This time I have a bunch of “broken hearts” where the mold didn’t fill completely and I’m missing corners etc. Still smells wonderful though, there’s a reason this is called the luxury bar!

Now, I only have about 50 more batches to make and I’m ready for market!! :-) I’ll post pictures soon.

<3>

No comments: