Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The End of Winter Vacation!

Winter time is a bit of a lull. The market ends at Christmas, the animals require minimal involvement, life is quiet. I've really enjoyed my break, but its ending this week!

Despite the cold weather, Spring is here. How can I be so certain? I'm awaiting new arrivals! The 4-legged sort of course. "Angel" was due Monday 3/03 and has still not delivered yet. I think she's taking great delight in making me wake up two or three times a night and drudging miserably bleary eyed out to the goat shed to check on her. Its all worth it though, the sleep deprivation will be over soon and we'll have beautiful baby goats to care for. I can't wait! Oh and we'll be awash in fresh goat's milk!

On the down side, with the warm weather last weekend we were able to check the bee hives. We've had a higher winter kill this year than usual, which is really dissapointing. Two of the hives are very strong though and we will be able to split them, creating four total.

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able. Finger's crossed for the safe arrival of Angel's babies!

No comments: